Asbestos is a quarried mineral that has the potential to kill. It was used for many years in many countries in the building and construction industry specifically. The problem is that the tiny, razor-sharp asbestos fibres, if inhaled, can lodge inside the delicate lining of the lungs and cause diseases such as asbestosis and mesothelioma.
The Ticking Time Bomb
Though its widespread use was discontinued several decades ago, the biggest problem is that it is still present in many older buildings around the country. This presents the following issues:
- Renovation: Many people who want to renovate their own homes may come across asbestos-laced material without even knowing what it is and how deadly it can be. They are vulnerable to inhaling the asbestos fibres if the materials is not handled expertly.
- Health and Safety: Many commercial buildings still contain deadly asbestos material. People working in these areas need to be aware and certain directions followed. This can cause fear and panic in some people.
Dealing with Asbestos Safely
If you have discovered asbestos in a home or other building, the good news is that the best asbestos removal services in Tonbridge can help. Companies such as this offer the following:
- Surveys of an area or building where asbestos has either been found or where it is thought to be part of the construction
- The removal of asbestos materials safely and securely so that no one is placed at risk of handling or inhaling it
- The safe and secure removal of asbestos materials and their disposal
Dealing with asbestos is potentially life-threatening and it is wise to call in experts who have the experience to handle it and remove it.