When roof tiles are applied to roofs, they protect your roof from climatic erosion and add to its longevity. If you want to increase your home’s overall appeal and value, roofing tiles are a very wise investment.
Shapes of Tiles
Whilst traditional tiles are usually made of slate, modern tiles are often made of concrete. The tiles are designed in a variety of shapes, including the following:
- Interlocking designs
Therefore, it is essential to use the expertise of Derbyshire roofing services that specialise in tile roofing installations.
Some of the Benefits
The tiles can be heavy or break. As a result, they need to be handled with immense care. You will find that tile roofs offer the following benefits:
- Longevity. A tile roof can last as long as a century. Therefore, the roof can outlive the owner of a property. Roofs made of tile can withstand the impact of high winds, hail, and even fire. Once you have a tile roof installed, you do not have to re-install the covering.
- Large selections of styles and colours. You can choose just the right tile to match your home’s architectural design.
- Insect-resistant. Roof tiles never deteriorate.
- Environmentally sustainable. Since they are made from minerals in the earth, tiles can be broken down and recycled after being used.
- Maintenance-friendly. It is rare for a tile roof to leak. Any repair work that is done is due to breakage or the age of the tile.
Whilst a tile roof is expensive initially, the initial cost pays for the roof’s value over time. Not only can your avoid many repair issues, you can also enjoy a roof that, in most cases, will rarely, if ever, leak.