Furnace inspection involves several procedures. Many people think that furnace inspection simply involves putting the furnace’s thermostat on and restoring the filter. In reality, the inspection is a lot more involved and requires experts in order for it to be successful. The general policy is that furnace inspection should be performed twice a year for combined heating and cooling systems and once a year if the system is only one.
Damage to the furnace could be caused by several factors. A good example is frozen pipes. This results from going a long period of time without putting them to use. High levels of professionalism should be upheld while inspecting the furnace to ensure that the inspection is successful. Myriad companies undertake these procedures and practices to help local users of the furnace to inspect their device.
During furnace inspection, it is very important to take a keen look at certain areas. The practice should be done under favourable conditions. The areas which should be reviewed include:
- Blower meter, wheel, and housing- Inspection and cleaning of the blower meter, wheel and housing are necessary for furnace maintenance. The experts inspecting the furnace should ensure these furnace parts are in good shape and are clean to ensure effective working of the furnace.
- Lubrication of the blower meter- This applies to older models of furnaces. After lubrication of the blower meter, the belt should be checked and restored if there is a need to. Lubrication of the blower meter will ensure smooth functioning of the furnace.
- Combustion blower should also be checked- The procedure involves inspecting the combustion blower to look for any obstructions and lint. The combustion tower should also be cleaned effectively.
- Gas furnace- In gas furnaces, inspection of any gas leakages is an important step that must be undertaken. If there are any leakages, the broken parts should be sealed immediately to stop further gas leakages.
- Checking the evaporator coil- The furnace’s evaporator coil should be checked and, if necessary, replaced. This would ensure effective working of the system.
- Electrical system- During the inspection, checking of the electrical system is a vital procedure that must be done. The electrical system of a furnace entails control box, wiring, and connections. The electrical system should be checked during every inspection.
- Checking of the flue system- In the flue system, a good connection should be ensured. Inspection for any occurrence of corrosion should also be done.
As noted, inspecting a furnace does not only involve just flipping a switch but also involves checking all systems and all of its parts. It is critical to have a furnace inspected for best maintenance practices and ensure proper working of the system. Preventative maintenance is the most cost-effective way to avoid expensive furnace repairs and inspection. Hence, each furnace consumer should consider preventive measures.