Many people across the world enjoy waking up to a cup of coffee; in fact it is a ritual to drink it first thing in the morning and also enjoy a cup with friends and family. For those who like their cup, having a good coffee maker is a must. It can be confusing to pick from a mind boggling range on the market, though true coffee lovers swear by the drip coffee maker. Why? Because of its design and its ease of use. If you are in the market for the best drip brew coffee maker, then here are a few criteria to consider before you invest in one.
Essential elements in a drip coffee maker
Some of the typical elements in a drip coffee maker to look for are:
- Heating element, for both the coffee and the water
- Brew basket which will be lined with a filter to hold the coffee grounds
- Water intake and drip tube to let the water drip over the grounds
- Automatic time for the brewing process
- Built-in water filter and bean grinder
Even though all of the above are basic to every coffee maker available on the market, how do you figure out which one is right for you?
How to pick the right drip coffee maker
- Capacity: Depending on how much coffee you like to drink in a day, one factor to consider is capacity. There are many options to choose from – from single serve to commercial machines that can hold over 15 cups. Single serves are popular with many people as it lets them choose what they want to drink but a larger size coffee maker is more sensible when you drink a lot and entertain.
- Cost: Of course price matters as well – drip coffee makers are can cost anywhere between $10 or close to $1000 depending on the features. If you want a quality product, be prepared to spend. You don’t need to buy a really high-end coffee maker to get the most out of it.
- Features: Thanks to technology, the best drip brew coffee maker these days have built-in timers which come on at a preset time. This will save you time in the morning, especially if you are pressed for time. Many coffee makers also have built in grinders which make it a pleasure to drink a cup made with fresh grounds.
- Water Filters: Hard or chlorinated water can change the taste of coffee. So, look for one with a built in water filter so that you can have a great cup every single time.
- Warranty: Make sure to look for a coffee maker with a good warranty. Especially if you are going to invest in a higher end brand. A warranty will come in handy in case of repairs or replacement.
Don’t get swayed into buying something you don’t want. Have a budget and stick to it – this will help you enjoy a great cup for years to come. You don’t have to go broke to enjoy a good cuppa.