If you’re planning on reinvesting money back into your home or business in the near future, it’s important to note that you are not alone by any stretch of the imagination:
- During 2017, UK citizens spent upwards of £11.5 billion on renovations.
- Approximately 74% of these property owners are planning to invest the same amount of money (or more) into their buildings during the next 12 months.
- According to a recent survey, UK citizens are more willing to improve their current properties as opposed to moving to new locations.
- The frequency of DIY (do-it-yourself) projects has declined by about 6% since 2010 as people are beginning to, once again, hire professionals to perform on-site upgrades.
However, if you’ve been overwhelmed by the myriad of improvement options in today’s landscape, it’s worth your while to take a closer look at some of the more conservative, cost-effective projects, especially if you’re working with a tight budget and limited resources.
Thus, to help you create a feasible plan of attack, this brief article will highlight the most impactful revamps and facelifts that don’t require a huge up-front investment.
You can never undervalue the transformative effects of a professional interior painting project; this oft-overlooked undertaking can deliver a wide range of benefits:
- Considerably increase the visual appeal of your interior
- Effect desirable, colour-coded transitions from room to room
- Increase your property’s appraisal value
- Prevent the manifestation of mould and mildew
If you partner with a renowned painting and decorating organisation such as City Crafts, for instance, you’ll be able to establish a personalised plan to account for all of the unique aspects of your structure, which is something that you wouldn’t be able to successfully achieve in a DIY fashion.
Plaster Mouldings and Ceiling Repair
Painting your walls is a great start but addressing your ceilings and tertiary accoutrements can take your building’s aesthetic to the next level. Simply by augmenting any worn or scuffed sections of your ceiling and refining your assortment of trimmings, you’ll be able to reinforce the prominence of your colour scheme and further enhance the attractiveness of your property. In this regard, your local painting and decorating specialist can also facilitate all of the following tasks on an in-house basis:
- Bespoke plaster mouldings and decorative edgings
- Ceiling roses
- Fibrous plastic additions
- Customised architectural features
- Ceiling repairs and refurbishments
These highly trained experts have been providing robust services for architects, developers, business owners, and even private customers, which makes them the foremost resource for property improvement initiatives nowadays.
GRG Column Casings
If your structural columns have lost some of their proverbial lustre and aesthetic charm, your decorator can also implement some picturesque GRG column casings to improve the overall visage of your building. These inimitable coverings are custom-fabricated and they can be applied to both interior and exterior pillars, which will allow you to renovate the entire structure in a like-minded fashion and give a huge boost to your property’s curb appeal and thematic décor.
If you’d like to ascertain the most suitable augmentations for your building, be sure to reach out to reputable paint and plaster specialist in your area to schedule a site evaluation. You’ll be glad you did.