Looking to add a fireplace to your home? If you are, you have a lot of options to choose from. Here are many fireplace types to choose from, primarily traditional, gas, and electric. However, one of the most simple, safe, and effective fireplace options out is electric. Electric fireplaces offer the great look and heat of a fireplace at an affordable price for everyone.
If you want to add an electric fireplace to your home, you’re going to want to make sure it’s worth the investment. Also, to choose the right one, you should do your homework and only choose a unit once you know more about electric fireplaces and how to choose them. To learn more, here is a quick guide to choosing the right electric fireplaces in Yorkshire for your home.
Why Go Electric?
There are so many reasons why you should choose electric over any other fireplace option, so here are a few of the benefits of having an electric fireplace installed in your home:
- No Fumes – You won’t need to deal with any smoke or other emissions with an electric fireplace. There is no burning or fire involved, just LED lights and the effects of fire. You won’t have to worry about gas or smoke in your home, which is more simplistic and better for everyone involved.
- Energy Efficient – To offset your higher energy costs during the colder months of the year, investing in an electric fireplace can be worth it. Using an electric fireplace to supplement your home’s heat can be extremely cost-saving for you.
- Easy Installation – Electric fireplaces are easy to install. This means that you can install and run the fireplace within the same day without much aid. Or you can have the professionals come in and they can have your fireplace ready to go right away.
- Low Maintenance – Traditional fireplaces require a lot of maintenance. Between chopping wood and cleaning ashes and chimneys, you’re stuck with a lot of work. Electric fireplaces give you the option to skip all of that and go straight to heating your home properly without the hassle.
- Safe – Electric fireplace units are also incredibly safe. They are cool to the touch, so you and your loved ones or pets won’t get injured, there is a very low to non-existent fire risk, they are simple to run, and they’re better for the environment.
How to Choose the Right Fireplace
If you want to choose the right fireplace for your needs, here are a few great tips:
- Set A Budget – First, make sure you start out with a budget. You should create a budget to work within that is affordable for your needs.
- Key Features – Outline the key features you’re looking for in a fireplace. This can be anything from functional features to style.
- Efficiency Rating – Always choose an efficient unit that will cost less for more heat.
- Aesthetics – You’ll want to choose an electric fireplace that creates the same ambiance as a traditional burning fireplace. Be sure to test a fireplace out before you buy so that you’re happy with the look of the fireplace when in use.