If you’ve recently experienced any type of roofing damage, you may need to hire a roofing contractor to address the home’s roofing needs. Roofers often handle the evaluation and repairs needed for your roof, gutters, or chimney stacks.
Keeping your roof in good condition is extremely important for your home. After all, your roof is your property’s main defence against natural elements in addition to helping to determine the overall value of your home.
Neglecting your roof can cause a number of dangerous or damp conditions that can lead to wood decay and expensive structural damage. If you notice that your roof is missing any tiles or that you are experiencing a leak in your home, it’s important to call roofers in HD8 to assess the damage right away.
- Tiling: Clay or wooden tiles may need to be replaced. Red clay tiles are considered particularly fragile and should be handled by a professional.
- Slating: The replacement of slate might be the first thing that comes to mind when you consider roofing service but it doesn’t always need to be replaced. Sometimes slating slips because of damage to the nails or simply needs to be patched in certain areas.
- Felting: Modern flat roofs are often waterproofed with rolls of cellulose fibre or felt. This is often backed with a tar or asphalt material and melted on site.
- Insulation: Insulation is one of the most important functions of your roof. Ensure that yours is in good working condition by having your roofing contractor inspect it every two years.
- Lead Work: Lead work consists of waterproofing with copper or lead rolls. This is most commonly seen in larger public buildings such as churches and schools.
- Gutters: Gutters are an important aspect of channelling water away from your roof and your home’s foundation. They need to be periodically replaced, especially after damage incurred by a storm.