Moving to a new home for the first time can be both thrilling and challenging. It is thrilling as you’ll get a chance to experience new things in a new place. It is challenging, especially during the moving processsince there’s a lot of things to do.
One of the things that make moving a challenge is keeping every belonging you have to move safe and secured. But things can be easier when you listtrusted and cheap removalists Sydney like Bill Removalists Sydney to help you with your move.
Although there is no way to make sure that every belonging you have will be transported to your new home damage- free since accidents may still happen (this is something which is beyond our control), we can still do something to at least protect the belongings during a typical moving day.
For those who will be moving for the first time, here are some things to keep in mind.
- Determine the most important items for you and pay attention to it. These items may not be the fanciest. The most important things we refer here are those which are valuable. It can be your simple stuffed toy.
- Take photos of your items and do an inventory. List all those valuable stuff in a paper. It can be quite tedious but can help you in the long run.
- Make sure you label all the boxes. You don’t want to go through all the boxes just to find something so pack conspicuously. However, there is an exception. If the box includes your valuables, better make a less obvious marking. This is just a precautionary measure. It is better to be safe than sorry. Pack your valuables in the small boxes so it can go in the top load.
- Let the experts handle the packing, lifting, and transporting huge valuable items.
For bigger valuables like the cabinet which has been passed down in your family for generations, let the expert handle it. They know the right practice to pack the items safely.
- Check your things before letting the removalist go. After your stuff have been delivered to your place, check each item and see whether something has been broken or damaged. This is why taking pictures of each item is important so you’ll immediately see which one has been damaged and make a claim. Make sure, however, to make the claim during the final walkthrough.
When Hiring a Professional Mover
The best way to move huge valuables, your fine art, antiques, mirrors, etc. is to hire professional movers. Make sure, however, to look for movers with the knowledge, experience, and tools to do the job right. To know whether the company is the right option, watch out for particular red flags such as high down payment and company asking for cash payment right away.
If in need of a removalist that have been working in the industry for years, check out Removalists Sydney to Albury at Bill Removalists Sydney today.